Pete is one of the owners in a family run business called Parrot Property Group where they currently buy and wholesale homes in Indianapolis. Pete and his family had their start buying 13 duplexes where they managed them, repaired them, and then shared the profit. Shortly after Pete’s old customer bought the duplexes, Pete bought them back and learned the power of wholesaling. Now they wholesale 60-70 properties a year with direct to seller marketing and own a portfolio of rentals that they’re constantly adding to.
“You can’t build a brand without having some kind of product that people wanna buy.” – Pete Barrow // Life Worth Chasing Podcast // Tweet This!
“You have to be able to find what people want to buy and sell it to them at a reasonable price.” – Pete Barrow // Life Worth Chasing Podcast // Tweet This!
“You reach a certain mass, you get to where a certain number of people know you, and then your name spreads.” – Pete Barrow // Life Worth Chasing Podcast // Tweet This!
Takeaways and Key Topics:
- Be consistent with your marketing
- Traditional marketing mechanics are still functional
- Build a recognisable image for your business
- Sometimes it pays to take a leap of faith
- Invest back into properties
- Don’t be afraid to be adaptable
- Accidental flips
- Find people with a lot of equity
- Build your SEO
- Go outdoors
- Disseminate your knowledge
- Provide a product people want
- Treat people decently
- Always be surveying the market
- Parrot Property Group – https://parrotpg.com