Anson Lau is the owner and creator of Vivë Auto Detailing, a premium Auto detailing and protection shop in Houston. He has been mastering the art of business and investing since 2014 by building systems to replace himself and amassing over $5,500,000 in Real Estate Assets. Anson uses the BRRRR (Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat) method to purchase properties that cash flow via Section 8 tenants.
“First things first, never rely on one contractor.” – Anson Lau // Life Worth Chasing Podcast // Tweet This!
“When you underwrite a lot more deals, you can buy a lot more deals.” – Chase Maher // Life Worth Chasing Podcast // Tweet This!
“If you’re BRRRR-ing your first property, focus the first two, three years saving up that large chunk of capital and then go from there.” – Anson Lau // Life Worth Chasing Podcast // Tweet This!
Takeaways and Key Topics:
- Build your property like a Toyota
- Don’t buy blindly
- Buy conservatively
- Invest intentionally
- Find quality tenants
- Share your progress and you might find personal investors
- Don’t let the haters get you down
- Expect 50-60%, hire someone else to finish the other 50%
- Everything is a learning experience
- Formulate structured teams
- Have a plan A, B and C
- Learn to effectively underwrite
- Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow (28-Feb-2013) Paperback
- Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine